About the conference
Tackling match-fixing is the first conference dedicated exclusively to the phenomena of match manipulation and betting related match-fixing.
This 1.5 day conference will address the biggest and most challenging issue threatening sport and football in particular. The match-fixing issues from a legal and criminal perspective are multiple and evolving.
The world’s most respected sports lawyers, legal and governance leaders, judicial bodies and match-fixing experts will provide their insightful analysis and a comprehensive overview of the current match-fixing landscape.
They will outline the current state of play in the war on match-fixers, and debate the future, the scale of the issue and the tools available to battle the threat to sports. This conference is designed for Sports Lawyers, International Federations, Sports Governing Bodies, Clubs, Leagues and Sports Governance experts.
Speakers (Alphabetical order)
- Efraim Barak, CAS Arbitrator, Founder EFRAIM BARAK, Sport Law & Consultancy (Tel Aviv, Israel), RexSport Board Member
- Michele Bernasconi, Partner at Baer & Karrer & CAS Arbitrator
- Massimo Coccia, Arbitrator at CAS, Attorney-At-Law and Founding Partner at Coccia De Angelis Vecchio & Associati (Rome, Itlay)
- David Forrest, Honorary Professor at Liverpool University
- Emilio Garcia, Head of Disciplinary & Integrity – UEFA
- Mark Hovell, Partner at Mills & Reeve LLP, Manchester & CAS Arbitrator
- Ulrich Haas, Professor of Civil Procedure and Swiss Private Law (University of Zurich), Arbitrator (Sole, Chair, Wing) in over 250 cases (ICC, DIS, SWISS Rules, CAS, BAT, AD HOC)
- Oliver Jaberg, Director of Integrity & Institutional Legal – FIFA
- Andreas Krasnich, Managing Director Strategy & Integrity, Sportradar
- Yves Le Lostecque, Head of the Sport Unit, Directorate-General for Education, Youth, Sport and culture, European Union
- Emanuel Macedo de Medeiros, OECD, SIGA & ICSS Europe
- Ettore Mazzilli, President of Rex Sport, Founding Partner of Studio Legale Mazzilli (Bari, Italy), QFA Legal Director
- Laila Mintas, Deputy President at Sportradar US and former Director of Integrity at CONCACAF
- Gianpaolo Monteneri, Founding Partner of Monteneri sports law (Zurich, Switzerland) and Vice President of Rex Sport
- Benoit Pasquier, General Counsel & Director of Legal Affairs at Asian Football Confederation
- José Juan Pintó Sala, Founder & Honorary President of RexSport, Founding Partner of Pintó Ruiz & Del Valle and CAS Arbitrator
- Nick Raudenski, Chief Integrity Officer (UEFA)
- Matthieu Reeb, CAS Secretary General.
- Carlos Schneider, UEFA Legal Counsel
- William Sternheimer, CAS Deputy Secretary General
- Theo Van Seggelen, Secretary General at FIFPro
- The Phenomena - Match Manipulation as a Criminal Offence/ Match Manipulation In between Criminal and Sport Discipline
- Match-fixing – The criminal aspects
- CAS and Match Manipulation
- Match-fixing – On the institutional overlapping aspects and the co-existence in between Criminal and Sport Discipline
- Detecting Match Manipulation / The Confederations’ Challenge
- FIFA’s activities against Match Manipulation
- What UEFA and the AFC are doing to combat Match-fixing
- Legal Challenges and Legal Aspects in Tackling Match Manipulation
- The Disciplinary Proceedings at UEFA in Match Manipulation cases
- Match Manipulation - Legal Aspects yet to come for decision
- Are we doing enough to fight Match -fixing? Can we do More?